Our company Daken is a professional GBL supplier in China. Check this post for the GBL applications.
What is GBL, and how to extract it?
GBL CAS NO. 96-48-0 GBL is a wFater-miscible, colorless liquid, 4-Carbon lactone, and GHB precursor. It exists in equilibrium with GHB in aqueous conditions. It is hygroscopic and has the molecular formula C4H6O2 and IUPAC name oxolan-2-one. Its molecular weight is 86.090g/mol. It is most commonly found in unadulterated wine, which indicates that it’s a natural chemical and cheese flavoring also contains a minute amount of this chemical.
The extraction process and GBL applications are mentioned below.
The extraction of GBL from liquid solutions is carried out by liquid-liquid extraction with the aid of chloroform and methylene chloride mostly while extracting GBL from the solution; we also have to deal with GHB because the solution mostly contains both chemicals at a time.
The most efficient way to extract GBL from solutions is by using methylene chloride, which works wonders to separate GBL from GHB. After extraction, the solution is dried by an anhydrous sodium sulfate column that removes almost all water. The extract is examined by using GC-MS.
Another simple way for GBL extraction is by solvent evaporation.
What are the GBL applications?
- GBL is most commonly used along with ecstasy, alcohol, and cannabis drugs.
- Its CNS depressant, similar to barbiturates.
- It is used in the synthesis of sodium gamma-hydroxybutyrate, gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, polymer poly(4-hydroxybutyrate), dimer 1,6-Dioxecane-2,7-dione, pyrrolidone, Methylammonium lead halide, and polybutyrolactone.
- GBL applications in beauty products, like lotion, are very common.
- Because of its high dielectric constant and chemical stability, it’s used to synthesize capacitors.
- GBL is used in different laboratory experiments.
- As a prodrug, it increases the secretion of Sleep regulating hormone GH. It was being used as a nutritional supplement until the FDA banned it.
- It’s used in many countries to get rid of depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Some people use it to burn body fat and build muscles.
- Rarely it is used by some people to decrease aging signs, promote relaxation, and promote clear thinking.
- Many people may use it as a cleaning agent.
- It is used as polymer and paint stripper, solvent for pesticides, and graffiti removal agent in industries.
- GBL applications in floor stripper, nail polish remover, and paint thinner are very common.
The question, Is it safe to use GBL is still unclear. Many people use it without knowing the chemistry behind its functionality. Oral use of GBL is strictly restricted in many countries, and the question of its legitimate use is still under discussion because of its severe side effects. Its overuse causes sickness, comma, death, gastrointestinal and esophageal irritation.
About GBL Supplier Dakenchem
If you are a chemistry research student or an industrialist and searching for reliable sources to get GBL, you can contact GBL supplier Dakenchem for sure. If you need GBL for a cleaning purpose or want to check it as paint remover or you want it for other GBL applications, you can order this chemical from Dakenchem in China.
Dakenchem is at your service 24/7 to supply a wide variety of chemicals to you. No matter its fine chemical, GBL, or liquid crystal monomer, you can get every chemical from Dakenchem.
Virew more products on our product page: https://www.dakenchem.com/products/