Dakenchem is a professional reactive mesogens supplier in China with about 38 years of experience. In this post, we will share with you about the RM257 applications.
What is RM257 and its formula?
RM257, CAS No 174063-87-7 is one of the diacrylate liquid crystal monomers and reactive mesogen with two alkene groups (C-C double bond). It plays a remarkable role as a crosslinker in fabricating 3D polymers, showing an anisotropic bipolar effect. RM257 is a diacrylate resin that can be photopolymerized in different applications by nematic phases over a wide range of temperatures. It changes from nematic to isotropic crystal at 87oC, and 118oC respectively, giving a clue about the RM257 applications.
RM257 has a molecular formula C33H32O10 and is sold under the IUPAC name of 2-Methyl-1,4-phenylene bis(4-(3-(acryloyloxy)propoxy)benzoate). It’s a bi-functional linear polymer monomer with a molecular weight of 588.6 g/mol, and it exists in the form of white powder or white micro-crystal solid.
What are the RM257 applications?
No doubt RM257 works wonder in the field of liquid crystal as an essential monomer of liquid crystal, which is enough to guess its worth in different areas. We have summarized some of the surprising RM257 applications from the different search articles.
- It is used in the formation of anisotropic porous liquid crystals by photopolymerization. It has negative dielectric and anisotropic value that causes the liquid crystals to rotate along the field in different directions.
- It shows an active response towards the AC and DC electric field and magnetic field.
- As a reactive mesogen, it’s used to form liquid crystals like thermo-irresponsive liquid crystals rods in nanoscience.
- It is making its way in forming electro-rheological fluids and electro-optical devices.
- They are used in stimulus-responsive nanosystems.
- It is used to synthesize Blue phase liquid crystal that exhibits electro-optical and dielectric properties.
- Nematic liquid crystals show controlled anisotropic shrinking properties depending on RM257.
- RM257 applications in drug delivery, separations, emulsions, and sensors are very significant.
- In liquid crystal display, a minute amount of RM257 enhances the saturation voltage, reduces the bright state transmittance, and irradicates the backflow effect.
- It is used to prepare the reverse mode liquid crystal gels, which enhances the scattering effect in the ON state and increase transparency in the OFF state and instead of it, a very low switching voltage was observed.
- Instead of its use in Display screens of mobiles, laptops, and LC, it is used to detect genetic diversity in different rice varieties with the aid of microsatellite markers.
- It is used in drug delivery and tissue engineering because of its environmental resistant and other hidden features.
- The readout of optical discs and aberration control can be accomplished using anisotropic and photo-replicated liquid crystals fabricated using RM257 monomers.
- Scientists have proposed the photostability of many dyes and Azo dye to be enhanced or modified with the help of the RM257 Application, which can stand out to provide a perfect alignment in high contrast display screens. And this stability of azo dye for liquid crystals was achieved by Turning off the photosensitivity of the azo dye.
About RM257 supplier-Dakenchem:
DakenChem has been serving its services as a professional chemical supplier throughout the world for 38 years so that people can benefit from RM257 applications. No matter it’s a liquid crystal monomer, reactive mesogen, RM257, R6M, polyimide monomer, or LCD and OLED intermediates electronic, optical film material, you’ll get on-time perfect delivery.