Polyimide is known as a “problem-solving expert” because of its outstanding characteristics in performance and synthesis. Its huge application prospects have been fully recognized whether it is used as a structural material or as a functional material. In this post, we will share with you the polyimide process and the introduction.
Polyimide is an aromatic heterocyclic polymer compound with imide-based chain links in its molecular structure. Its English name is Polyimide ( short as PI). It is currently one of the most heat-resistant varieties of engineering plastics. PI has been widely used in aviation, aerospace, microelectronics, nanometer, liquid crystal, separation membrane, laser, and other fields as a special engineering material. Please kindly check the polyimide process in below image.
According to the synthesis method, there are two kinds of Polyimide: condensation polymerization and addition polymerization.
1. Condensation type polyimide: Condensation type polyimide has been seldom used as the matrix resin of composite materials, mainly used for manufacturing Polyimide film and coatings.
2. Addition polyimide: the widely used addition polyimide mainly includes polybismaleimide, and norbornane Alkenyl terminated Polyimide.
What is the characteristic of Polyimide?
1. High-temperature resistance: high-temperature resistance above 400°C, long-term use temperature range -200~300°C, no obvious melting point.
2. High insulation performance: The dielectric constant is 4.0 at 103 Hz, and the dielectric loss is only 0.004~0.007, which belongs to the F to H class insulation material.
3. Excellent mechanical properties: the tensile strength of unfilled plastics is above 100Mpa.
4. Self-extinguishing: Polyimide is a self-extinguishing polymer with a low smoke rate.
5. Non-toxic: Polyimide is non-toxic and can withstand thousands of times of disinfection.
6. Stability: Some polyimide varieties are insoluble in organic solvents and are stable to dilute acids. The available varieties are not resistant to hydrolysis.
What is the development history of Polyimide?
In the past 30 years, Polyimide has developed rapidly, especially in the past ten years. From 1977 to 1979, more than 1,000 polyimide-related abstracts were published in the American Chemical Abstracts, and more than 100 polyimide documents were registered with the National Technical Service Agency of the United States.
From 1982 to 1985, 54 patents were applied for polypyromellitic imide, 30 patents were applied for polyamide-imide, and 23 patents were applied for polyetherimide. This shows the development speed of polyimide polymers.
What polyimide products do we have?
Our company Daken chem is the material supplier for the Polyimide, and the polyimide monomer is the main material. The main chemicals we supply are as below:
TFMB CAS NO. 341-58-2
6FDA CAS NO. 1107-00-2
AB-TFMB CAS NO. 1449757-11-2
Our company Henan Daken Chemical Co., Ltd was established in June 1983. With 38 years of history in the fine chemical synthesis industry. We have built our technical team of 27persons, among which there are six persons with a Doctor’s degree and nine persons with a Master’s degree in chemicals. And we have 61 projects at a national or provincial level,29 patents,116 papers, and 12 awards by the government. Below is our laboratory: